Thursday, September 10, 2009

Different. Beautifully Different.

So I really hate the taste of coffee.


An iced mocha, which left much to be desired, left a condensation ring on the wobbly table we claimed as our own. As I sat and watched my friend take consecutive sips of what I consider dreadful espresso ground nonsense, I realized I had forgotten to celebrate one of my favorite things about life.


Differences. Beautiful differences.


I hate coffee. She loves it. I am annoyed with whiny music. She loves it. However, it is good. I absolutely love that everyone is different. Every day that I am blessed with another breath is different. Really, without the differences, I wouldn't appreciate our similarities; and without the difficulties, the successes would be nil. It is when something is different that it catches our attention.


I rejoice in differences. Not for the sake of just being different, but because differences mean we are not perfect. They separate us from what is normal. They signify what we are and whose we are. All in order that we may be His. That is a difference I can love.


"You shall be holy to me, for I the Lord am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine. " Leviticus 20:26

No comments:

Post a Comment