Thursday, September 17, 2009

needtobreathe

If it wasn't already the name of an incredible band I would claim that phrase as my own. Beckon calls would be doubled with needtobreathe; because we all do.

I am an incredibly talented procrastinator. I watch Ellen DeGeneres' comedy routine about procrastination and cannot control my laughter - partly because she is hilarious and partly because her message about procrastination holds a conduit to my own organizational structure. It gets to the point of no return, though, where so much has been put off that there is no longer time for breathing, only doing. No more breaks can be enjoyed, no late night spontaneity, and definitely no quality time with people, because there is too much to get done.

Basically, I just need to breathe.

I wasted a whole lot of great time tonight enjoying the simple pleasure of looking at photography. I sat on a porch and popped some grapes in my mouth as I thought about what it means to wait on the Lord. I even decoupage'd a little more of the tree that resides on my right corner wall, but I never got around to studying. Funny, how that happens.

Tomorrow will come and i will wake, undoubtedly after my alarm has gone off a solid four times before, and I will be rushed to cram into my brain as much useless information on data processors as I possible can... all in order to regurgitate it back onto a recycled piece of notebook paper that somehow claims its stake on a portion of my intelligence. I am almost offended.

Nonetheless, I will need to breathe tomorrow. Just like I need to breathe tonight, and the next, and the next. Maybe as I work on perfecting my now ornery procrastination skills, I will learn to be thankful for each breath as well, and breathing will become a reminder - that constantly, I need to stop, I need to rest, I need to breathe.

"Even when the rain falls, even the flood starts rising, even when the storm comes, I am washed by the water. " -needtobreathe

No comments:

Post a Comment