Friday, September 11, 2009

...and it just keeps on comin

You can treat the symptoms and they can flee, but that does not mean that the disease is gone.

How many times have I fallen into the trap of expressing the symptoms of Christianity, rather than ensuring that inside, my condition was addressed by the true Healer? I can get so caught up in going and doing that I forget it is less about what I do and more about who HE is.

"I will lift my eyes to the Maker of the mountains I cant climb.
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer of the oceans raging wild.
I will lift my eyes to the Healer of the hurt I hold inside. "

The fact that it is not about me - that is grace. As long as I lift my eyes, I will not be too concerned with symptoms. What's more - I am no longer diseased. While I may still have hurt inside, I believe it is just residual traces, still being sorted out and molded in the process of sanctification. And grace continues to abound - in showing me adventure, in withholding what my depraved soul deserves, and ultimately in allowing me to be a part of His story. Gosh, I want to overflow with grace. It is cascading toward me; there is no reason I should not be passing that very same love on. I am no longer diseased. Besides, all grace is given for the same sole purpose, right...

"Oh for the GRACE to enjoy the ONE THING NECESSARY." Luke 10:42

No comments:

Post a Comment